Positively evaluated and included in the Operational Program of the Region of Northern Aegean 2014-2020, the proposals put forward by the municipalities of Lesbos, Samos and Chios in infrastructure in kindergartens, a total budget of 6,251,436.33 euros.
• Construction of a 2 nd kindergarten in Agra, with a budget of 620,000 euros.
• Construction of a two-nd kindergarten in Petra Lesvou, budget of 750.000 euros.
• Construction of the first two-nd kindergarten in Kalloni, Lesvos, with a budget of 760,000 euros.
• Construction of a kindergarten in Taxiarchs of Lesvos, budget of 600.000 euros.
• Construction of a full-day kindergarten in Marathokampos, Samos, with a budget of 658,341.38 euros.
• Construction of 7th Kindergarten in Chios, budget of 1.483.804,59 euros.
• Construction of 11th Kindergarten in Chios, budget of 1.379.290,36 euros.
The Northern Aegean Regional Governor, Christiana Kalogirou, said:
We are making use of the funding opportunities of the North Aegean European Program for the erection of new, modern kindergartens that respond to the educational needs of the new era. So we give the children of the pre-school age of our islands the opportunity for both multiple activities and to broaden their interests.